Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I know now how to BURLESQUE!

Last Monday (07/02/2011), Nuffnang invited me to the Premier Screening of Burlesque. Therefore, it is clearly clear that this post / entry is going to be about the movie. 



Burlesque, is a musical movie that tells a story about a girl named Ali, played by Christina Aguilera. She is a small-town girl with a big voice who escapes hardship and an uncertain future to follow her dreams of becoming a star to LA.  After stumbling upon The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater that is home to an inspired musical revue, she lands a job as a cocktail waitress from Tess, played by Cher, the club’s proprietor and headliner. 

I personally love the movie because I'm a fan of musical movies. Making it more interesting, Christina Aguilera, one of the best singers out there, who played Ali, is just perfect for the role. I really really admire her voice. Her acting is good. Not great. One thing for sure, she definitely has the talent. 





Cher is awesome. Her acting is sincere and effortless. It's like she's playing herself in the movie. Her voice is amazing as usual. She sang only two songs in the movie and I really love the song entitled 'Last of Me'. That song is incredibly inspiring and the way Cher puts her emotion into the song is amazingly flawless. 

It's a very entertaining movie (especially those who love musical) with a predictable storyline. Thank so much to the catchy songs, addictive dance moves and sexy costumes which made me glued on the chair until the end of the movie.

Out of 5 stars, this movie deserves 4 stars. The dance moves still haunt my mind. The songs keep playing inside my head. The sexy costumes keep emerging in front of my eyes. That means, this movie is definitely something.



This film has been rated PG-13 for SEXUAL CONTENT INCLUDING SEVERAL SUGGESTIVE DANCE ROUTINES, PARTIAL NUDITY, LANGUAGE AND SOME THEMATIC MATERIAL. Viewer's discretion is advised. 



4 comments:

Fie Omar said...

tak sabar nak tgk!

zizidiazora said...

Macam best je ceritanye. Nak pg tengok gak la.. I pun minat suara mereka berdua.

Georgie J said...

mcm lambat pula 17 februari ni!huargggh!

♥BelLa Ace♥ said...

best crita burlesque ni..Especially christina's voice & cher!!!!
All the songs are giving me goosebumps!! Very nice musical movie!!
i super duper like it!!!!!