Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Am Back!

Hello! Anybody here. [knock knock]
I don't know if anyone would want to read this. I guess nobody really cares anymore since I haven't written anything for so long. But I am going to write anyway.

*****

I am terrified of the future.

*****

The questions about the future keep popping out in my head. My friend told me not to think too much about it. "Worry about it when the time comes or you'll get wrinkles", he said.

However, I am aware of the fact that the future is shaped by what we do now. In simple words, the future is actually taking place at this very moment. My conclusion of this is, the past, the present and the future are actually three dots that walk in parallel throughout the timeline.

Now the question is, why am I terrified of the future? It's because I want to exist even though I am no longer breathing. I want to live forever by leaving something behind that people will always remember. My point is, I want people to remember me. Don't you think it's sad to leave with nothing at all even a bit of remembrance of your existence? It is very sad.

I want my existence to be acknowledged. I want to leave my mark. That is why I am terrified of the future. I am afraid that throughout my years of living, I have done nothing significant.

*****

Yes, I am afraid of being nobody.

No comments: